- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Medical Laboratory Technology A.A.S.
Credential:Associate in Applied Science
This curriculum prepares individuals to perform clinical laboratory procedures in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, and immunohematology that may be used in the maintenance of health and diagnosis/treatment of disease.
Course work emphasizes mathematical and scientific concepts related to specimen collection, laboratory testing and procedures, quality assurance and reporting/recording and interpreting findings involving tissues, blood, and body fluids.
Graduates may be eligible to take the Board of Certification for Medical Laboratory Technicians by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. Employment opportunities include laboratories in hospitals, medical offices, industry and research facilities.
This program is accredited by the
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N River Rd. Suite 720,
Rosemont, IL 60018, Phone: (773) 714-8880,
1. General college admission requirements.
2. High school units:
a. High school-level chemistry or college-level Chemistry 092 required.
b. Biology strongly recommended.
3. This program has a competitive selection process. See Selection Criteria and Procedures for Allied Health Programs on the college admissions office web page for full details.
4. Acceptable reports of medical examinations by first day of MLT 252 Practicum I.
5. Satisfactory completion of required immunizations by first day of MLT 252 Practicum I.
6. Criminal background checks, drug screens, and seasonal flu vaccines are required prior to admission to clinical sites.
7. Current CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider by the first day of MLT 252 Practicum I.
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: BIO, CHM, and MLT