- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Getting Started as a Student
The steps below will help you get started as a curriculum student. Curriculum students are those taking for-credit courses. If you are interested in non-credit classes, see our Continuing Education page.
Need something else? Check our Fast Answers if you are a current, prospective, or previous student with other questions.
Step 1: Apply for Admission as a Curriculum Student:
to submit an application to become a curriculum student (you are also welcome to come and complete your application at one of the computers available in the Bailey Building).
- If you have questions regarding the application and want to watch a video regarding applying to A-B Tech please do so at the following link:
Step 2: Attend New Student Orientation
Schedule a New Student Orientation session at http://newstudents.abtech.edu/orientation/. You must attend the New Student Orientation to be able to register for classes.
Step 3: Decide if you want to be a Classified or Unclassified Student, as follows:
- Choose to pursue certificate, diploma, or degree programs
- Are eligible to be considered for Financial Aid (click here for your Financial Aid checklist)
- Meet with an advisor with expertise in their programs of study
If you are a classified student, you must complete the following steps:
- Submit official transcripts:
- College transcripts, if applicable (English & Math credit may substitute for placement testing)
- Complete the Accuplacer assessment, submit SAT/ACT, Compass, or Asset scores (3 years old or less)
- Meet with an advisor to discuss your major and receive further instructions
- Typically plan to take only a few classes and are not eligible for financial aid.
- May meet with an advisor if proof of a course pre-requisite is needed to register.
- Please refer to class schedules for most recent registration information.