- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Disability Support Services Overview
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is invested in full compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act signed into law in 1990. The Disability Services Office ensures that the programs and facilities of the college are accessible to all students. The College focuses on the student as an individual and works toward equal opportunity, full integration into the campus environment, physical accessibility and the provision of reasonable accommodations, auxiliary aids and services to students.
If you are a student with a disability and require the services of interpreters, readers, notetakers, or who needs other reasonable accommodations, it is your responsibility to request these services from the Disability Services Office since Federal law prohibits the college from making pre-admission inquiries about disabilities.
The Disability Services Office is part of the Student Services Division at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. The office is located in the K Ray Bailey Student Services Center. Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evenings by appointment. For detailed information, please refer to www.abtech.edu/category/department/student-services/disability-support-services.
An appointment with the Disability Services Coordinator is recommended in order to discuss any special concerns. If you are not satisfied with the decisions of this office, you may utilize the College's Student Appeals Policy.
Mission and Goals of the Disability Services Office
The Disability Services Office assures program access to Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College by students with disabilities. Its goals are:
- To coordinate and provide reasonable accommodations and related disability services
- To advocate responsibly for an accessible and hospitable learning environment through removal of informational, physical, and attitudinal barriers
- To promote self-determination and personal responsibility for students with disabilities
- To provide training and support to faculty and staff regarding the needs of students with disabilities.
- To provide the College with information regarding Disability issues.