Your Dreams Our Mission banner image

Records and Registration Overview

The Records and Registration Department ("Registrar's Office"), located in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Building, assists Curriculum students, faculty, and staff with a variety of services related to student records, class registration, class drops/withdrawals, college transcripts, graduation, grading, attendance, and more. Use the links on this page for important information and forms related to the Records and Registration Department. 

Contact Information

Location: K. Ray Bailey Student Services Building, Room 042
Mailing Address: 340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: 828-398-7900 (Information Center)



Withdrawal from a Class


Withdrawal Form 

Information about Withdrawing from a Class

Withdrawal Deadlines

Please submit withdrawal forms to


Privacy of Student Records

Privacy of Student Records Information

Release of Information Form

Withdrawal of Previous Release of Information Form

Request to Block Release of Directory Information

Order Curriculum Transcripts

Order and Pay for an Official Curriculum Transcript

Order Placement Test Scores

Placement Test Score Request form

Send College Transcripts to A-B Tech

Send Transcripts to A-B Tech

Transfer Credit Policy

Change Your Name

Instructions on how to change your name, username, and email address

Change of Vital Data form

Preferred Name Change form

Grading System

Grading System

Check grades online in Self-Service

Apply for Graduation (Degree, Diploma, or Certificate)

Graduation and Commencement Information

Application for Program Completion form (2019-20 academic year)

Application for Program Completion form (2020-2021 academic year)

To apply for graduation, submit the Application for Completion form. Your program advisor must sign this form, verifying the catalog year under which you are applying to graduate. An email will be sent to your A-B Tech student e-mail account.  Please also keep your mailing address up-to-date in WebAdvisor, as we will send graduation details to your email account and/or home address.  Please note that computer courses more than 5 years old must have departmental approval on file in Student Services.

Audit a Class

Auditing Courses Policy

Audit Request Form

Class Attendance/"No Show" Exception Requests

Class Attendance Policy

No Show Exception Request Form

Credit-by-Exam ("Test Out" of a Class)

Credit-by-Exam Policy

Credit-by-Exam Request Form

Academic Standing

Standards for Academic Progress Policy *Updated in Summer 2019*

A-B Tech Help Chat