Trending Scholarship News
Scholarships Trending Now! Available for A-B Tech Students!!!!
(Scholarships for Madison County Residents)
Golden LEAF Foundation Scholarship
Application Deadline: October 30
Applications for the Golden LEAF scholarship for 2018 - 2019 are now available for Madison County Residents!
Scholarships available for both curriculum (up to $750) and Con Ed programs (up to $250)!
- Curriculum students
- Will be selected based on their financial need as reported in their Free Application for Student Assistance (FAFSA).
- Degree seeking students must be enrolled as a full-time student in order to receive the maximum scholarship award.
- Occupational continuing education students
- Must enroll in Nurse Aide I and II; Electronic Health Records; Opthalmic Assisting; EMT-Intermediate; or Basic Firefighter Indoctrination Training (BFIT) programs.
- Must demonstrate a need under the federal TRIO formula and be enrolled in a career pathways program or a course that is scheduled for at least 96 hours and leads to a state and national credential.
Applicants will also be selected based on financial need and county of residence. Other selection factors include:
- The effect of the declining economy on his or her family.
- Owned or employed in farming/agriculture business
- Owned or employed in traditional industries (such as textile or furniture manufacturing)
- Household member lost their job or gone from full-time to part-time employment
Golden LEAF's mission is to increase economic opportunity in North Carolina’s rural and tobacco-dependent communities through leadership in grants making, collaboration, innovation, and stewardship as an independent and perpetual foundation.