Office Administration Overview
Does a career in which you work with people, computer systems, and software interest you? Would you like to learn how to organize and operate an efficient office environment in a variety of business settings – schools, government, industry, and small business?
The Office Administration program offers students specific courses to help them prepare for a career to meet the demand of the job market.
- Statistics from the Bureau of Labor show there is a growing demand for office managers, administrative assistants, and secretaries. The median pay for a these occupations is $37,000.
- The most recent computer technology and software programs are taught in the program.
- The degree program can be completed in two years.
- The diploma program can be completed in one year.
Faculty Quote: “Students graduating from this program have obtained employment in a variety of careers as office managers, administrative assistants, secretaries, and receptionists.”
Employers of OA & OF Alumni
- Advent Health, Hendersonville
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
- Buchanan Construction
- Buncombe County Sheriff's Department
- Buncombe County School System
- Dental Office
- Haywood County School System
- Insurance Agencies
- Ken Wilson Ford
- Manufacturing plants
Instructor contact Information:
Gwenn Stinnett, M.Ed, CPC, CPB, CMRS
Administrative & Medical Systems Technology Department
Advisor for: Office Administration & Office Finance