Financial Aid Documentation Submission Policy
A-B TECH FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
DOCUMENT SUBMISSION POLICY
Beginning March 1, 2018, to ensure the security of your data, the Financial Aid Office will no longer accept documents via email. We strongly recommend submitting materials in person to our office. Doing so will allow our personnel to check your documents for accuracy and advise if anything additional is needed. In the event that you are unable to visit us in person, you must fax your documents to our office at 828-281-9883. If you submit documents via fax, complete and include an official Financial Aid Cover Sheet with your submission. Documents that are submitted via fax without the completed Cover Sheet will not be processed by the Financial Aid Office.
- Our Verification forms are now in a fillable PDF format. Please use the functionalities of these forms to your advantage and type as much information as possible rather than hand writing the information.
- Digital signatures can be used for most documents sent via fax and post in accordance with College policy. If you are submitting a document with a digital signature, your student ID number must appear somewhere on the document and your full name must appear on the signature line.
- Digital signatures cannot be used on the following documents: Direct Loan Adjustment Form, Direct PLUS Loan Worksheet, FAFSA Signature Page, or Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose Worksheet.
- Digital signatures cannot be used by parents of Dependent students. Parents of Dependent students must provide a wet signature on all Verification documents requiring a parent signature.
- If you submit documents via fax or post, complete and include an Official Financial Aid Cover Sheet with your submission. Documents which are submitted via fax or post without the completed cover sheet will not be processed by the Financial Aid Office.
- Only submit documents that have been requested. If you have not received an official request for a document, do not submit it. The Financial Aid Office assumes no responsibility for incorrect or unsolicited documents, and cannot process these if submitted.
- In the event that incomplete, incorrect, or unsolicited documents are submitted to the Financial Aid Office via fax or post, they will be filed in our database (if possible) and assigned a status of incomplete, but not processed. To avoid this occurrence, it is important that documents are verified as correct before you submit them. If you are uncertain as to which documents have been officially requested, you may come to the Bailey Student Services Building or call the Information Center at the main College phone number (828) 398-7900.
- Per Department of Education regulations, we cannot accept copies of tax forms -- such as 1040s, 1040As, or 1040EZs -- even if printed from online tax services or personal tax preparers. Our office can only accept tax information in official Tax Return Transcript form from the IRS.
- Students are responsible for initiating their own inquiries and should not anticipate updates or follow-up calls/emails from the Financial Aid Office regarding their submissions or accounts. If you have an inquiry, you are welcome to come to the Bailey Student Services Building or call the Information Center at the main College phone number (828) 398-7900.
A-B Tech Financial Aid Office