Welcome to the A-B Tech Federal Work-Study Page
Federal Work-Study Basics
- A Federally funded part-time job scheduled around your classes
- Pays hourly wage from an annual award amount, maximum 20 hours/week
- You are paid directly on a monthly basis
- Can be on-campus ($12.00/hour) or off-campus ($15.00/hour)
Requirements for Eligibility
- A completed FAFSA for the current academic year
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Must be participating in at least 6 credit hours in a program of study that is eligible for financial aid
- Must have “unmet” financial aid need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
Please consult the Financial Aid Office with questions or concerns regarding eligibility
For more information, please visit the Federal Work Study FAQ
If you have student loans, or questions about your eligibility, please consult with the Financial Aid Office prior to submitting your application, since your loans may affect your work-study eligibility.
- Complete an Application for the position you are interested in.
Avoid using a phone or tablet for this purpose.
- Contact the position supervisor whose information (email) is provided in the job description.
Include (attach) your application to this email and check that it retained the information added.
- If selected for an interview, the supervisor for the FWS position will contact you via phone or email, using the contact information you provided on the application.
The FWS positions listed on this page are active for the current academic year.
While you may apply for more than one work-study position, you can only be hired for ONE of those positions.
**Please note: Submitting a FWS application does not guarantee hire for a Federal Work-Study position. Placement into a position is contingent on job availability, the student's qualifications, selection by a supervisor, and program funding.**
3/23/20 ANNOUNCEMENT: In light of the current and still-evolving situation surrounding COVID-19, the FWS Program at A-B Tech is temporarily suspending all active listings for new positions/new hires until the conclusion of the Spring 2020 semester. As of this date, and until the end of our spring term, no new applicants will be accepted into our program, and no new listings for open positions will appear on our webpage. This is a temporary measure enacted to ensure the health and safety of all students, staff, and faculty at A-B Tech; as well as all persons at our various FWS community affiliates. We will continue to monitor guidance from both the College and our advisers at state and federal levels, and will update this page with any relevant news related to our program. Thank you.