The Esthetics Technology curriculum provides competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles and hands-on fundamentals associated with the art of skin care. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional Esthetics Technology, business/human relations, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology Board Licensing Exam and upon passing be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and cosmetic/skin care salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
The Mountain Tech Spa, an on-campus spa facility, provides practical experience for Esthetics students under the direction of College faculty.
The Esthetics Technology program is approved by the:
North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
1207 Front Street, Suite 110
Raleigh, NC 27609
Phone: (919) 733-4117
Fax: (919) 733-4127
Specific Program Requirements
- General college admission requirements.
- Submission of proper documentation is required by the Spa Therapies and Operations Department and the NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners prior to class start. Required documentation includes Hepatitis B record, current government-issued photo ID showing date of birth, and social security card.
- Completion of required Hepatitis B vaccine. First dose to be completed by the first day of class. Second Hepatitis B vaccine to be completed at least one month after the first dose. Third dose must be completed six months after the first.
- Esthetics Technology students must clock out when leaving the laboratory. To earn hours, students must be physically present in the laboratory.
- Students should be physically able to operate esthetics equipment and safely use products used in esthetics.