Career-Technical Pathways - General Information
The Career and College Promise Career-Technical (CTE) pathways are designed to give motivated high school students a jump start, developing career focused skills by completing a certificate or diploma while still enrolled in high school.
A-B Tech currently offers 24 CTE pathways created to help you get a head start on a great career. Click on the links below to find out more about programs where you can earn college credits toward a job credential, certificate or diploma in a technical career:
- Accounting Certificate
- Aviation Technology- Introduction to Private Pilot Certificate
- Automotive Technology Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- Computer Aided Drafting Certificate
- Computer-Integrated Machining Certificate
- Computer-Integrated Machining Diploma
- Criminal Justice- Introduction to Criminal Justice Certificate
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Diploma
- Early Childhood Certificate- Effective Fall 2018
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Fire Protection- Introduction to Fire Protection Certificate
- Health and Fitness Science- Introduction to Health and Fitness Science Diploma
- Hospitality Management- Introduction to Hospitality Management Certificate
- Human Services- Introduction to Human Services Studies Certificate
- Industrial Systems Basic Maintenance Certificate
- Information Technology- Computer Basics Certificate
- Information Technology- Database Management Certificate
- Manicuring and Nail Technology Certificate
- Manufacturing and Maintenance Engineering Certificate
- Medical Assisting- Introduction to Medical Assisting Certificate
- Nurse Aide
- Sustainability- Introduction to Sustainability Technology Certificate
- Welding Certificate
Some pathways required benchmark testing for program and specific course completion. Get started on your career pathway today by filling out an application for admission for the Career and College promise program and select your pathway or pathways of choice! You can participate in up to two Career Technical tracks at one time or you may enroll in a CTE pathway and a Transfer pathway.
- Be a high school Junior or Senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Most CTE pathways do not require test score placement like the Transfer pathway, however, some do. Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 828-398-7900 if you have questions about Career and Technical Educational Pathway or whether testing is a requirement for your pathway.
For a complete list of requirements to participate in Career and College Promise CTE Pathways, please visit the CCP CTE Admissions Website.