Career College Promise Overview
Why wait? … Earn college credit while you are still in high school!
College classes are:
- Face-To-Face on an A-B Tech Campus or Online
- Possibly earn honors or AP level credit
- Jump start your education by earning credit towards a college and high school degree simultaneously
- Start training for your future career now!
A-B Tech's Career & College Promise (CCP) Program allows eligible high school students to enroll in college classes tuition free*. Students who successfully complete college courses can use that credit towards further study at A-B Tech or, in many cases, can transfer credits to a four-year college or university of their choice. With permission from the high school, students may also meet some high school graduation requirements by taking college courses. A-B Tech's Career & College Promise program offers high school students the opportunity to make the most of their high school experience and pursue educational and career goals of their choice through three opportunities:
- College Transfer Pathways - Designed for students planning to continue their educational career beyond high school to eventually achieve an Associate's or Bachelor's degree at a community college or university.
- Career-Technical Pathways- Allows students to begin a certification or diploma program in a particular technical field or career area.
- Cooperative Innovative High Schools – This opportunity allows students to experience a rigorous high school curriculum combined with college courses throughout the program. Students simultaneously work toward completion of both the high school diploma and an associate's degree in the Early and Middle College Programs. In addition, A-B Tech has partnered with Asheville City Schools and Buncombe County Schools to create two STEM academy programs: the School of Inquiry and Life Sciences at Asheville (located at Asheville High School) and the Martin L. Nesbitt Jr. Discovery Academy through Buncombe County Schools. Cooperative Innovative High Schools are designed for motivated students looking for a nontraditional high school experience. These small high schools partner with A-B Tech to provide local students with a comprehensive and accessible education.
For more information about any of these Career and College Promise options, explore the links in the upper-left hand corner of this web page, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 398-7900.
*Students do not pay tuition, but students in the College Transfer Pathways, Career-Technical Education Pathways, and Middle College are responsible for buying college textbooks and paying any student fees that are associated with college courses. Some classes are only available online. Early college students do not pay for textbooks, but are subject to fees.
Why wait any longer? Fill out an application below to start your Career and College Promise experience now!