Visiting Students Seeking Transfer Credits
Be Our Guest
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College welcomes students at other institutions or those interested in taking a course for personal enrichment to be our guest. Because of our top-notch faculty and staff, beautiful facilities, online courses, flexible scheduling, and comprehensive academic and student support, you may just find a reason to stay and complete a degree, diploma or certificate with us.
If you are enrolled somewhere else, there is no better place than A-B Tech to pick up a few transferable credits at a low cost through online, hybrid or regular summer courses.
Use this online Guest/Visiting student information form if you meet ONE of the following conditions:
- You already have an Associate’s degree or higher.
- You are currently enrolled as a student at another college or university.
And you meet BOTH of the following conditions:
- You do not intend to enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits/semester).
- You do not intend to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate at A-B Tech.
Here are the basic steps you need to take:
- Check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process and find out which credits will be accepted.
- Review our course offerings and all prerequisite/placement test requirements.
- Complete our application process: abtech.edu/apply.
- If you would like to take 100% online classes, you will need to complete Moodle Online Orientation, which is located in your Trailhead account.
- Obtain a copy of your college transcript only if you are requesting prerequisite or testing waivers (Please bring the transcript(s) with you when you come to meet with an advisor in the Bailey Student Services Building).
- Convenient distance advising and registration services are also available – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral to these services.
- Register for your desired course.
- Ask for a copy of your A-B Tech transcript to be sent to your home college/university upon completion of the course. To find transcript ordering instructions, visit abtech.edu/transcripts.
Extra Credits for Less: Whether you want to catch up or jump ahead in credits, turn to A-B Tech for affordable, high-quality coursework that puts you one step closer to your future.