Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Please note: Doors close and the last testing session begins at 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday (4 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday). Tests will be collected fifteen minutes prior to close to ensure students have time to collect their belongings and Testing Center staff have time to prepare tests for return to instructors. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure a seat is available for you.
Request Proctoring from Non-A-B Tech Institutions
All requests for testing support must be made by completing the appropriate online form (linked below). PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE before submitting your testing request.
A-B Tech Testing Center staff will administer tests:
- online with a secure user name and password provided by the home institution;
- sent as printed tests via the U.S. Postal Service or via a common carrier (e.g.,UPS or FedEx); or,
- sent to A-B Tech via an e-mail attachment from an official college e-mail account.
Due to security concerns, A-B Tech Testing Center will not send or receive tests via fax. The institution requesting testing support is responsible for providing all tests and testing-related materials. This includes any special instruments, blue books, tables, graphs, texts, etc., as well as a return, pre-addressed, postage-paid mailer (or prepaid common carrier return packaging). All correspondence and tests must contain the student’s name, course information, instructor name, institution name, and a contact phone number.
Test Day Procedures
- pay the required fee ($25) at the Business/Cashier's Office in the Roberson Building at 93 Victoria Road, or click here to pay online.
- present the receipt to the Testing Center.
- arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests begin not later than one hour before the closing time.
Testing Center staff will:
- check picture identification (e.g., valid driver’s license), and then retrieve the proper testing materials. The student’s personal belongings will be kept in a secure location outside the testing room.
- direct the student to a specified seating area (where staff may observe the tester.)
- provide the student with testing instructions in accordance with the specific instructions accompanying the testing materials.
- enforce indicated time limits.
- ensure that students do not use any materials/resources not allowed by the requesting institution.
- Collect all scratch paper and other test materials.