Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note: Doors close and the last testing session begins at 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 4 p.m. on Friday. Tests will be collected fifteen minutes prior to close to ensure students have time to collect their belongings and Testing Center staff have time to prepare tests for the return to instructors. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure a seat is available for you.
Make-up tests/re-tests are offered solely at the discretion of the instructor. Each instructor will communicate his/her policy directly to students. If offered, these tests will be available in the Testing Center along with a complete set of instructions.
Testing for Students with Approved Accommodations
Testing for students with approved accommodations (purple sheets) through A-B Tech's Support Services. The Testing Center maintains a copy of approved testing accommodations for each semester as requested by the student approved by the Support Services office. Students should seek approval for accommodations at least two weeks prior to any testing. Provisions include mobility-accessible testing stations, separate rooms for testers with readers/scribes, and separate spaces for noise/distraction-free testing.
Tests for Fully Online Courses
Tests for fully online courses may be required to be proctored at the A-B Tech Testing Center or another approved testing/proctoring facility near you. Instructors will provide test dates and instructions on the course syllabus in Moodle and detailed testing instructions will be provided to the Testing Center staff for each exam.
To find more information, visit TEAS Testing.
Placement testing is available for students whose scores have expired, are eligible to retest, and for those changing to a program requiring additional placement. For more information on Placement Testing, visit Placement Overview.
Students should remember these important items when ready to test:
- A Photo ID is REQUIRED for all testing (your A-B Tech Student ID is a great option)
- The following items ARE permitted in the Testing Center
- Photo ID
- Locker key
Ear plugs or muffs provided by the Testing Center
- Items approved by an instructor or by Support Services (may include a personal calculator, books for open book tests, etc)
- Lockers are available to store all other personal belongings (including large coats) during testing sessions
- The last testing session begins one hour before the Testing Center closes each day
- Appointments should be scheduled to ensure a seat is available
- Walk-ins will be accommodated on a space-available basis only