For several years the Small Business Center has offered a Young Entrepreneurial Scholars (YES!) Camp for middle school students. YES! Camp is a REAL Entrepreneurship program that introduces students to the ideas of entrepreneurship, creative thinking and fun while providing interactive activities to engage students. Campers work in teams to develop a business plan, learn how to apply for a business loan and about resources in their community. They also gain an understanding of entrepreneurship as a viable career option and meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs.
For information on REAL Entrepreneurship or how to obtain certification to offer this camp, visit REAL Entrepreneurship.
For additional information, please contact Jill M. Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.398.7949.
Camp Objectives :
• To create an atmosphere of fun
• To meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
• To learn to work and cooperate in groups
• To identify and encourage entrepreneurs
• To gain an understanding of entrepreneurship as a viable career option
• To generate business ideas
• To identify and evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities within their community
• To help participants learn about their community
• To develop and implement a business plan