Email for Students
Access Your Student Email Account
Students at A-B Tech are provided an email account in partnership with Google. If you are a new student, your account will be created within one business day after you apply, take a placement test, or come to campus to register for classes. If you are a returning student who attended prior to summer 2007 you may not have an account until your advisor creates a student education plan for you in WebAdvisor, or you come to campus to register for classes in person.
You must sign-in to the account to activate your email. A-B Tech student email sign-in
Email Sign-in Information
Your username is your entire student email address (usually email@example.com).
Your email password is either:
seven-digit student ID number, e.g. 1234567
0 + seven-digit student ID number, e.g. 01234567
To Activate Your Email Account
On your first sign-in you will see a graphic image of a group of letters. Type the letters you see in the box below them and then scroll down the screen until you see the Google Terms of Service. Once you have read the terms, click the button labeled “I accept. Create my account.” and your email account will be activated.
Change Your Email Password
A-B Tech recommends that you change your email password after your first sign-in. Here’s how to change your password:
You can change or reset your password for your student email account, WebAdvisor, and Moodle at abtech.edu/password. If you are unable to change your password online, contact the IT HelpDesk at (828) 398-7550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How a Username Is Created
Your Username is constructed using your name as it is recorded on A-B Tech’s computer records. Refer to your registration form to see how your name has been recorded.
Your Username is your first name followed by your middle initial followed by your last name. If the middle name or initial is missing then it will be first name followed by last name.
There is a limit of 20 characters on the Username so some of the last characters on a very long name may be missing from the Username.
Spaces, hyphens, periods, apostrophes, and suffixes are not included in the Username.
- Samuel Carson (middle name and initial missing): samuelcarson
- Mary Beth Valerie O’Neill (where Mary Beth is a double first name): marybethvoneill
- William Thomas O’Sullivan-Blankenship (hyphenated, apostrophe, longer than 22): williamtosullivanblank
Possible Problems With Username
- In rare cases your first name, middle initial, and last name could exactly match the Username for an existing on-line payment account. In this case numbers may have been added to the end of your Username to give you a unique Username.
- If your name was misspelled during data entry then your Username will also be misspelled.
- If you have recently submitted a name change to Student Services, your Username may be based on your previous name.
Get Your Email Username:
- Go to WebAdvisor
- Select What’s My user ID?
- Enter your last name and either your student ID number or your Social Security Number. Your student ID number is printed on your registration form under your name. You may use your Social Security Number here only if you allowed A-B Tech to enter it on your computer record.
- Click Submit. Your user ID will be displayed on the screen. Your username for email is the same as the user ID displayed here @students.abtech.edu.
Forgotten Student Email Password
- Use the password reset tool password.abtech.edu to change all of your passwords at once.
- If that doesn't work:
- Email email@example.com
Please add the following to the Subject Line:
Student Email Password Reset – Your Name
The following information is required:
2) Student ID Number
3) Date of Birth
4) Home Address
5) Call-Back Number
6) List a class taken from A-B Tech (if any)
Watch for reply emails from HelpDesk