Select an Academic Program
How to Select a Program
If you're unable to select a program online in WebAdvisor, you may also select your program by meeting with a College Entry Advisor in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Building on the Asheville Campus. Advisors meet with students on a walk-in basis, or appointments can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com.
Deciding Which Program to Select
For a current list of the available Curriculum programs, click here. The following resources are also available to help students decide which program to select:
- Career Coach is a free online tool that provides information about current local job data, employment numbers, related careers, job postings, etc. Click here to access Career Coach.
- Career Counseling is offered at no charge to current curriculum students and new students who have completed the enrollment process and plan to enroll in the upcoming semester.
- For more information about Career Counseling or to schedule an appointment, click here.
When to Add/Change a Program
When a student can add/change a program depends on whether the student is currently "Unclassified" or "Classified":
- "Unclassified students" (students not in a program of study) may be placed into a program at any time, either before or after a term has begun, as long as the necessary enrollment/placement requirements have been met.
- "Classified students" (students currently enrolled in a program of study) can only be placed into a new program for the next term; Classified students cannot change or add a program for a current term that has already begun.
Financial Aid Students
Changing programs or adding additional programs may have a negative impact on financial aid eligibility. Before changing or adding a program, please contact a Financial Aid Representative, either by visiting the Financial Aid Office in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.