Moodle Help for students and faculty is located in the center of your Moodle Log In page and on the left "Quick Links" menu found in every course.
- What's my username and password?
- I can't login!
- I can login but my courses aren't there!
- When I login I see courses from previous semesters!
- I can login, but I'm having a problem in my course!
Use your A-B Tech username and password to log into Moodle. These are the same credentials that you use to log into WebAdvisor, your email account, lab computers, and more.
In most cases, your username is your first name, middle initial, and last name (all lowercase with no spaces or punctuation). If another student already has this username, your username may be slightly different. Try using the same user name followed by the last two digits of your student ID, for example leeqstudent67. If you have still have problems, contact the Help Desk.
Your initial password is your date of birth in this format: MMDDYY. You should change your password if it is still the initial password.
If your password is still the initial password, you may be required to change it before you can access Moodle. Please visit the Password Reset page to get started.
If you are not sure of your password (or if you may have changed and forgotten your password), and if you have already enrolled at Office 365 (please visit the Password Reset page for information about enrolling), you can reset your password using the Microsoft Online Password Reset site. If that does not work, contact the A-B Tech Help Desk to reset your password. The Help Desk can be reached via email at email@example.com or telephone at (828) 398-7550 Please include your full name, student ID, and the course name, number and section of one of the courses you are taking.
You will not be able to access your new classes in Moodle until the first day of the semester. IMPORTANT: if you login and cannot find one or more of your courses, this may be because:
- You logged in before the first day of the semester.
- The course is a "Late Start" course (these courses usually begin the second week of the semester).
- The course is a minimester course that begins in the second half of the semester.
- Your registration has not yet been recorded in Moodle. Moodle course listings are updated twice daily during the "add" period.
- There is a problem with your registration. Please call the Information Center at (828) 398-7900.
Contact the course instructor and request that the course be set to Unavailable. If the course needs to remain temporarily available, for example if students are still working on Incomplete grades, your instructor will make it unavailable as soon as possible.
If you need help that is related to your course (for example understanding or submitting your assignments, taking a quiz or exam, or using the discussion forum, check the Moodle Help for Students page or contact your instructor if you need additional help.
If you need general help using Moodle, first check the Moodle Help for Students page. If that does not solve your problem, contact the A-B Tech Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 398-7550.