Moodle Help for students and faculty is located in the center of your Moodle Log In page and on the left "Quick Links" menu found in every course.
- What's my username and password?
- I can't login!
- I can login but my courses aren't there!
- When I login I see courses from previous semesters!
- I can login, but I'm having a problem in my course!
- How do I change my Moodle password?
- Where can I find additional Moodle Help?
Here's how we create your username and password:
Username - first name, middle initial, and last name (all lowercase with no spaces or punctuation)
Password - Your WebAdvisor password
If another student already has this username, your username may be slightly different. Try using the same user name followed by the last two digits of your student ID, for example leeqstudent67. If you have still have problems see below.
If you are not sure of your password (or if you may have changed and forgotten your password), you can go to https://password.abtech.edu/ and if that doesn't work contact the A-B Tech Help Desk to reset your password. The Help Desk can be reached via email at email@example.com or telephone at (828) 398-7550 Please include your full name, student ID, and the course name, number and section of one of the courses you are taking.
You will not be able to access your new classes in Moodle until the first day of the semester. IMPORTANT: if you login and cannot find one or more of your courses, this may be because:
- You logged in before the first day of the semester.
- The course is a "Late Start" course (these courses usually begin the second week of the semester).
- The course is a minimester course that begins in the second half of the semester.
- Your registration has not yet been recorded in Moodle. Moodle course listings are updated twice daily during the "add" period.
- There is a problem with your registration. Please call the Information Center at (828) 398-7900.
Contact the course instructor and request that the course be set to Unavailable. If the course needs to remain temporarily available, for example if students are still working on Incomplete grades, your instructor will make it unavailable as soon as possible.
If you need help that is related to your course (for example understanding or submitting your assignments, taking a quiz or exam, or using the discussion forum, check the Moodle Help for Students page or contact your instructor if you need additional help.
Use the Password Reset Tool (works for Employees and Students): sign up to reset your own password, set security questions in case you forget your password and unlock your account
For information about the Password Reset tool go here https://www.abtech.edu/password. If you need assistance with the password change, contact the A-B Tech Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 398-7550. Please include your full name, student ID, and the course name, number and section of one of the courses you are taking.