Madison County Career Center
Telephone: (828) 782-2632
Fax: (828) 281-9859
Contact: Norris Gentry, Coordinator
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Evening hours scheduled by appointment when necessary.
Please note: During A-B Tech holidays when the campus is closed, the Madison County Career Center will be open at the Madison County Public Library (Marshall branch) during the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., operating on the library holiday schedule. Contact number during this time is 828-777-7407.
Visit the Experience Works! Job Fair for Job Seekers Age 50+
Thursday, May 11, 2017 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Prep Session 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Job Fair
NC Works Career Center 4800 Grove Street Asheville, NC
This job fair is designed specifically for 50-plus job seekers who bring talent, skills, dependability and experience to the job. Attend the Prep Session from 9 - 10 a.m. and talk with a variety of employers from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
To sign up for the prep session and/or for more information, call the NCWorks Career Center at 828-251-6200*.
Your One Stop Job & Career Center
Conveniently located at A-B Tech Madison, the Madison County Career Center offers Job Seekers, Training Seekers, and Employers access to a variety of employment and training resources. All of these services are provided through the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board and are available to our customers at no charge.
How Can We Help You?
- Local & Internet Job Listings
- On-site Employer Referrals
- Assistance with Resume & Cover Letter Preparation
- Coaching on Interviewing Skills
- Job Seeking Skills Workshops
- Individual & Group Career Guidance
- Access Up-To-Date Online Career Information
- Career Assessment
- Basic Computer Skills Classes Offered Through Partnership with A-B Tech
- GED/HSE Classes Offered Through Partnership with A-B Tech
- Dislocated Workers and Customers Completing Core & Intensive Services May Be Eligible for Financial Assistance for Short Term Training
Workforce Investment Act
Computer Resource Center
- Free Access to Computers For Job Search & Employment-related Activities
- Access to Career Ready 101 Online Skills Software
- Library of Helpful Books and Resources on Job Seeking and Job Keeping Skills
The Madison County Career Center is a partnership between a number of agencies providing employment and training programs and services:
- A-B Tech
- Community Action Opportunities
- Madison County DSS
- Madison County Public Library
- Madison County Smart Start
- NC Division of Workforce Solutions
- NC Vocational Rehabilitation
- NC Services for the Blind
- SHIIP Counseling
Our goal is to provide all the job seeking and career planning resources you need in a single location.
Check us out on Facebook at Madison County North Carolina Career Center.