Information Technology Assistant
The IT Assistant’s role is to work under the guidance of the IT Administrator to configure, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Off Campus - Evergreen Community Charter School
50 Bell Rd.
Asheville, NC 28805
• Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008 R2 through Server 2016, Office 2016 (including Microsoft Access), Google Apps, Barracuda and Cisco products.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws, especially as they pertain to K-12 education and HIPAA
• Strong written and oral communication skills that enable the ability to work with classroom teachers, technology teachers, office staff and administrators.
• Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Associate degree in information technology.
• Certifications in A+, Network +, Server+.
Dr. Susan Mertz