Human Resources - FA Student Worker - Human Resources- 8/25/17
Location: On-Campus at A-B Tech Pay $12.00 per hour
Provides accurate, courteous, and efficient administrative support to the office of Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides clerical assistance to the Human Resources office.
• Maintains confidentiality in all matters including personnel data, employee records, benefits, and wage and/or salary information. Ensures related information, written or verbal, is kept in strict confidence.
• Maintains orderly and accurate filing of applications, personnel records, benefits, and related human resources documents.
• Makes photocopies and collate documents.
• Maintains an orderly office, supply, and filing work areas.
• Provides assistance in-person and on the telephone to visitors, candidates for employment, and members of the college campus.
• Assists with document retention, storage, and auditing projects.
• Assists with any other clerical tasks, as needed.
• Assists Human Resource Assistant with clerical responsibilities and serves as backup in absence of this position.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding applicant and/or employee information.
• Basic knowledge of current word processing and spreadsheet software packages.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and in a team, or with limited supervision.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and team-oriented aptitude.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, within a limited time frame.
• Indoor office environment.
• Moderate level of interruptions.
• Frequent deadlines.
• Constant mobility barriers.
• Occasional irregular work hours.
• Frequent lifting of 20 lbs or less.
• Excellent technical skills.
• Willing to work as a team member or independently.
• Adjusts easily to stressful situations.
- High School diploma.
- Six months of clerical or office environment experience.
- Basic knowledge of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality regarding applicant and/or employee information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Experience working in a Human Resources office.
Alexa Bazley firstname.lastname@example.org