Global Distinction Program
Preparing students to be successful global citizens in an increasingly interdependent world!
In the Global Distinction Program students will gain:
- A greater intercultural competency in both academic and professional areas.
- An enhanced ability to integrate the importance of diversity, civic management, and social responsibility in a global framework.
- A unique credential that looks appealing to transfer institutions and appears on the student's transcript; also a resume-building credential that will set the Global Distinction Scholar apart in a competitive job market.
- Opportunities and incentives to learn more about global citizenry.
- Complete 15 credit hours with a grade of C or better in courses designated as having globally intensive content (see list below).
- Attend six international events.
- Participate in 30 hours of global experience through travel abroad or domestic intercultural experience and/or service.
- Present a capstone presentation reflecting on the program experience to the Global Education Committee.
The following A&S transfer pathways meet the academic criteria for the program:
Communications, English, French, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, and Spanish.
The following pathways need 1-2 specific global sections of a course to meet the academic criteria: Biology, Business/Accounting, Chemistry, Education, Math, Political Science. This means that the student should take a course taught by a faculty member that incorporates a global module into one of their listed pathway courses, they should select the following instructors: in Psychology (Castelblanco-all sections, Johnson-241, 281, Howse-241, Davis-150), Math (Moore-all sections), Biology (Young-110), Sociology (McEnany-all sections).
Click on this link to apply: Application for Global Distinction Program
This program is a collaboration between NC Community Colleges and the University of NC at Chapel Hill. Students are required to fill out an application for consideration into the program. If you have any questions about the program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org