FWS Skills Training Employment Program Assistant
Our program is called STEP (Skills Training Employment Program), which is a partnership between Buncombe County and A-B Tech that provides access to education for food assistance recipients. We are located at the food assistance office downtown Asheville, and are looking for a work-study that is interested in social work, economic development or office assistant work.
The purpose of this work-study position is to provide much needed support to the STEP staff through:
- Database management, and data entry
- Work with STEP staff to provide support of special events and community based workshops.
- Provide resume/cover letter and job search assistance to STEP Clients in career center
- Develop system to organize
- Document management
- Calling clients to gather information
- Other projects as assigned
Off Campus - 40 Coxe Ave. Asheville, NC 28801
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Must have familiarity with office equipment - computers, printers, scanner, etc.
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Experience with telephone and customer service
- Experience working with/assisting people of diverse background and socio-economic statuses.