May 17th: PRIORITY DEADLINE Students who have been awarded for summer semester by this date will have their classes held. Review your Self-Service account for details.
Financial Aid Disbursement
- Occurs June 10th, July 10th
Former loan borrowers will receive their summer loan disbursements in June and July.
First time loan borrowers will receive their summer loan disbursement in July.
- If the 10th of the month is on a weekend, the scheduled disbursement will occur the prior Friday.
Bookstore Purchases with Financial Aid
One week before full-term classes begin through first week of the term.
May 23rd: Deadline to complete all loan requirements (MPN, Entrance Counseling, Financial Aid Matters).
Financial Aid Availability
After registering for classes, if you don't see a summer award in Self-Service by May 1st, please email us at email@example.com for an update on the status of your financial aid.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP)
- To receive financial aid for summer, you must be meeting FASAP.
- Your progress will be determined by May 15th. Log in to your Self-Service account to check your status.
- If you are not meeting FASAP, please do not begin your summer classes unless you are paying cash.
April 1st – May 1st: If you are currently suspended, you may submit an appeal for summer semester during this timeframe.
Appeals for summer semester will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Before doing so, please review our Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) policy and our Appeal Process.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance for a student is an estimate of that student's educational expenses for the period of enrollment. The cost of attendance for summer is $3,000 (NC residents). Your federal aid (grants, loans) cannot exceed this cost. Remember, cost of attendance is an estimate. Your actual summer tuition will partly depend on the number of credits for which you enroll.