This curriculum is designed to prepare graduates to enter the workforce as paramedics. Additionally, the program can provide an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree for individuals desiring an opportunity for career enhancement.
The course of study provides the student an opportunity to acquire basic and advanced life support knowledge and skills by utilizing classroom instruction, practical laboratory sessions, hospital clinical experience, and field internships with emergency medical service agencies.
Students progressing through the program become eligible to apply for both state and national certification exams. Employment opportunities include ambulance services, fire and rescue agencies, air medical services, specialty areas of hospitals, industry, educational institutions, and government agencies.
1. General college admission requirements:
a. Complete application for admission.
b. Successfully complete College Placement Test.
c. Official transcript of any prior college credit on file with admissions office.
2. Must be 18 years of age by the end of the first semester of the program.
3. Current N.C. driver’s license.
4. Acceptable reports of medical examinations and immunizations.
5. Criminal background checks will be required prior to admission to clinical sites.
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: ACA, EMS