The Central Sterile Processing curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for the field of Sterile Processing and Central Service Supply.
Students will develop skills necessary to properly disinfect, prepare,process, store, and issue both sterile and nonsterile supplies, instrumentation,and equipment for patient care. Additionally,students will learn to operate sterilizing units and monitor effectiveness of the sterilization process.
Graduates will be eligible to take the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. “Sterile Processing and istribution (SPD)Technician Exam”, earning the title of Central Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT). Employment opportunities include surgery centers, central sterile processing departments in hospitals, and traveling consultation services.
- General college admission requirements
- Acceptable reports of medical examinations by first day of class.
- Satisfactory completion of required immunizations
- Criminal background checks and drug screens are required prior to admission to clinical sites
- Current CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider by the first day of class
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: STP