The Rhapsodist Literature and Arts Journal
Check out the 2016 issue!
- The Helen Dehnke Smith Memorial Writing Scholarship: Details
- Be sure to like us on Facebook: The Rhapsodist Literary Arts Journal
- And Check out our YouTube Channel: Video
Now Accepting Submissions for our 2017 issue!
Please read the guidelines below and send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The editors at The Rhapsodist are looking for original art, poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, and dramatic dialogue. Below are the general guidelines for any submission, followed by genre-specific information. Please read these guidelines carefully. Any documents that fail to follow the guidelines will not be considered. Additionally, please note that publication in The Rhapsodist is competitive; therefore, not all submitted work will be published.
All submissions must be emailed from a valid A-B Tech email account as attachments to email@example.com with the following subject heading: “(Your Full Name as you wish it to read in the published journal) Rhapsodist Submission.” Please note that the editors will alert you of the status of your submission as early as possible. They will not, however, reply to any unsolicited questions.
All submissions must be word processed in an accessible electronic format (preferably .doc, .docx, .rtf) and contain the following:
1) Please include your full name as you would like it to appear in the published journal in the subject line of your email (see note above). Do not include your name in the submission document itself.
2) At the top of your submission document please include the following: the title of the piece submitted and the genre or medium for visual art (poetry, short fiction, dramatic dialogue, photography, oil, watercolor, etc.)
3) After these items, include the submitted artwork or text. Please note that art submissions must be attached in a .jpeg file format.
4) If you submit more than one work, be sure to create separate documents for each work and attach all of them to your submission email. Also, be sure to include all items listed above for each separate piece.
Please note the following parameters and limits:
Artwork: please include the medium type in your submission email. Also, if your art is in color, please also include an additional file in black & white or grey scale. Please save all artwork files in the highest resolution possible (usually found under the "Save As" editing function).
There are no hard and fast rules or limits on length, but the majority of the work published in the journal follows these general parameters:
Poetry: usually no more than two (2) pages or 400 words.
Short Fiction/Creative Nonfiction/Dramatic Dialogue: usually no more than ten (10) pages, double spaced 12pt. Times New Roman font or 3,000 words.
Thank you for your interest in The Rhapsodist. We look forward to reading your work!