Lavender Fund Scholarship - Program for Single Parents
What is Lavender?
The Lavender Fund Scholarship is a highly successful, year-long scholarship and support program for single parents attending A-B Tech.
What kind of support?
In addition to scholarship dollars to help with school and living expenses, students chosen for the Lavender Fund Scholarship program will receive ongoing support throughout the year.
- A $1600.00 scholarship ($800 fall/ $800 spring) plus summer tuition assistance if needed.
- A dedicated Support Advisor to provide tips, information, encouragement, assistance and support.
- Regular emails and news highlighting resources in the community and at the college.
- One-on-one attention, advocacy and support for unexpected situations.
Who is eligible?
45 Students are chosen annually for the Lavender program. To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled in a curriculum program, seeking a certificate, diploma, or degree
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 8 credit hours each semester
- Be a single parent with primary custody of at least one child under 18 years of age*
(*There are also Lavender Fund scholarships available for young adults aged 18-24 who have aged-out of foster care [these students do NOT need to be single parents])
How do I apply?
Lavender is a year-long program, supporting selected students from August through July each year.
The application process begins several months in advance.
- January - March: Online application opens on A-B Tech's website:www.abtech.edu/scholarships-overview
- April - May: Application review
- June: Recipient awards announced
- August - July: Selected students receive funding and support
For more information, contact:
Liz Atkinson, Lavender Fund Scholarship Support Advisor