Registration Day - August 5th, Wednesday 2015
Location: AB Tech Enka - Haynes Building
August Nurse Aide I Classes
|NUR-3240-296HC||8/17/15||M,T,TH||7am-3:30pm||Goodwill Workforce Center|
|NUR-3240-447HC||8/19/15||W,TH,F||7am-3:30pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
September Nurse Aide I Classes
|NUR-3240-357HC||9/1/15||T,TH||7am-3:30pm||A-B Tech Madison|
|NUR-3240-450HC||9/8/15||T,W,TH||7am-3:30pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
|NUR-3240-287HC||9/8/15||T,TH||7am-9pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
|NUR-3240-318HC||9/15/15||T,W,TH||7am-3:30pm||A-B Tech Madison|
|NUR-3240-232HC||9/22/15||T,W,TH||7am-3:30pm||Goodwill Workforce Center|
October Nurse Aide I Classes
|NUR-3240-449HC||10/21/15||W,TH,F||7am-3:30pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
|NUR-3240-298HC||10/27/15||M,T,TH,F||7am-3:30pm||Goodwill Workforce Center|
November Nurse Aide I Classes
|NUR-3240-452HC||11/3/15||T,W,TH,F||7am-3:30pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
|NUR-3240-319HC||11/10/15||T,W,TH||7am-3:30pm||A-B Tech Madison|
|NUR-3240-399HC||11/18/15||W||7am-8:30pm||Asheville Campus, Elm Bldg.|
December Nurse Aide I Classes
|NUR-3240-233HC||12/01/15||T,W,TH||7am-3:30pm||Goodwill Workforce Center|
If you have any questions please call 828-398-7878
Short-term training that prepares individuals to work as caregivers in a health care setting such as a nursing home, hospital or home health care.
Students will attend a mandatory orientation for 15 hours prior to beginning the Nursing Assistant class, this occurs the week prior to class start date.
- 152 Hours of instruction - 96 classroom hours and 56 clinical hours
- Taught by a Registered Nurse
- Approved by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation
Students must register in person for NA I classes.
- Bring with you the negative results of a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. The TB skin test may take anywhere from 48 - 72 hours for the results to be read. This test is available at a doctor’s office, urgent care or a County Health Department. Each will charge a fee for this test.
- Make sure you have a non-expired, government issued picture ID, such as a U.S. driver’s license or a U.S. passport, which must be presented at registration.
- Tuition: $211.40 (includes: Tuition, Supply Fee, Technology Fee and Insurance)- Payment Options:
- Students should bring in exact amount if paying with cash of $211.40
- Write a check to A-B Tech for $211.40
- Bring a written authorization for payment from your organizational sponsor or the employer who will pay for your class
- Students may also pay with American Express, Master Card or VISA
- Due to the demand of the Nurse Assistant classes, minors (those between 16-18 years of age), will be admitted to class per college policy. Exceptions may be made for minors with a High School Diploma or GED at the time of class. For further information please contact 828-398-7332.
- Students will need to provide a High School Diploma/GED or transcripts stating that they have graduated from High School. A completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree will also be acceptable. If unable to provide any of the mentioned documents a free reading test will be required. Reading tests are completed in the Hemlock Building on the Asheville Campus, students must score at the 9th grade level or better to be able to register for Nurse Aide classes. Please call the Nurse Aide office for directions, on how to schedule a reading test-828-398-7878.
- Finally, bring all the requested items listed above in person only.
Please call the Nurse Aide information line, 828-398-7600, for dates of upcoming registrations. No fax or online registration is available for NA I classes.
- Prior to the clinical experience a background check and drug screening will be required thru Intellenet Inc. Click HERE for more information.
- In order to take the Nurse Aide State Exam, you will need to have a United States Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration. This must be the actual card, not a photocopy. If you do not have your original card, you can apply for a duplicate at the Social Security Administration Office which is located off Chunns Cove Road in the Center Park Office Complex on Piney Mountain Road. The name on your picture ID and the social security card must match. More information on taking the North Carolina Nurse Aide Exam can be found at: http://www.asisvcs.com/indhome.asp?CPCAT=0734NURSE.
***All classes are on a first come, first serve basis.
***Attendance for all days of orientation is required.
***Attendance for all class days is mandatory, so please check your schedule to make sure you can attend classes as scheduled.
Class Schedule Options:
Day Classes (8 Weeks)
Tuesday - Thursday or Wednesday - Friday
Classroom hours: 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Clinical hours: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Evening Classes (4.5 Months)
Two evenings per week - (Monday and Wednesday or Tuesdays and Thursday)
Classroom hours: typically 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM, or 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM or 6:00 PM -9:00 PM
Clinical hours: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM - (7 Saturdays)
For Information about Financial Assistance and Continuing Education Scholarships click this HERE.
If you have any questions regarding these registration procedures, please call 828-398-7878 (Asheville Campus classes) or 828-649-2947 (Sherri Davis for Madison County classes).