New Hire Forms
Note: This page is intended for new employees of the college who are preparing to start work.
Welcome to our newest A-B Tech employees!
Before starting work with A-B Tech, new employees need to provide applicable transcripts and complete New Hire Paperwork.
Official transcript(s) are required to be received a minimum of two weeks before the first day of work for any degrees required for your position. This assures we maintain compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, our regional accreditation agency. For additional information, click here.
New Hire Paperwork must be completed and submitted to Human Resources on or before the first day of work. The completion of paperwork takes about 15-30 minutes. Check with your supervisor, they may need you to complete this paperwork several weeks before your start date.
New Employees may either:
1. Come in-person to complete all paperwork. No appointment is necessary. Please bring: (a.) identification with you to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and (b.) voided check or deposit slip from your bank for direct deposit. Examples of identification to complete the I-9 form include a driver's license and social security card, or an unexpired passport. By law, photocopies are not accepted.
2. Get started filling out the new hire paperwork before visiting the Human Resources office to expedite the process. Download the forms from the links below. All completed forms must be turned into Human Resources, in-person, on or before your first day or work.
The downloadable forms to be returned to HR are here:
- New Employee Information Form
- 2017 W4 Federal Tax Form
- NC4 State Tax Form or the NC4 State EZ Tax Form
- North Carolina New Hire Reporting Form
- Employment Eligibility Form (I-9) (New employees must bring this form with proper identification for visual inspection by a Human Resources staff member. Acceptable identification are listed on page 9 of the form. Examples include a driver's license and social security card, or an unexpired passport. By law, photocopies are not accepted.)
- Direct Deposit Information and Form (Bring a voided check from your bank account or a printed direct deposit statement from your bank to accompany the direct deposit form.)
- Voluntary EEOC Form
- Acknowledgment of Adherence to Policies
The handouts for new hires to view are here:
- Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment Policy
- Tobacco Free Campus Policy
- Instructions for Accessing Payroll Information on WebAdvisor
- Official Transcript Notification
- How to get your A-B Tech Photo ID
- Employment Categories & Classifications
- Computer Login information for:
If you have any questions regarding transcripts or new hire paperwork, please call the Human Resources department directly at 828-398-7114.