Early Childhood Education
Welcome to the Early Childhood Department.
The Early Childhood Education programs are considered open enrollment. Students may enter the degree or certificate tracks at any given time. Students who wish to enroll in the degree or certificate programs must process through the new student process. Once complete students will be able to declare their major as Early Childhood Education AAS (degree), Early Childhood Education Certificate or the Special Education Certificate. Students will then also be assigned to an advisor in the Early Childhood Education Department.
If you are interested in taking EDU 119 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education course often referred to as the Early Childhood Credentials course please apply to the college if you are not already a student and complete New Student Orientation. Please contact the Early Childhood Education Department to register.
Fall 2015 Mandatory Early Childhood Education Orientation
August 18, 2015
Haynes Building - Enka Campus
2nd floor large conference room
Contact Jennifer Bosworth
Links to Helpful Websites
- NC Division of Child Development
- NC Rated License Assessment Project
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NC Association for the Education of Young Children
- TEACH Scholarship
- Partners in Out-of-School Time
- North Carolina Institute for Child Development Professionals (Early Educator Certification)