Early Childhood Education
Welcome to the Early Childhood Department.
The Early Childhood Education programs are considered open enrollment. Students may enter the degree or certificate tracks at any given time. Students who wish to enroll in the degree or certificate programs must process through the new student process. Once complete, students will be able to declare their major as Early Childhood Education AAS (degree), Early Childhood Education Certificate or the Special Education Certificate. Students will then also be assigned to an advisor in the Early Childhood Education Department.
If you are interested in taking EDU 119 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education course, often referred to as the Early Childhood Credentials course, please apply to the college if you are not already a student and complete New Student Orientation. Please contact the Early Childhood Education Department to register.
If you are NEW to A-B Tech then WELCOME! Be sure that you complete all the required admission processes that are a part of becoming a student. Once that is complete you can declare your program of study in the Bailey building with Student Services. Advising appointments can be made by visiting Transfer Advising Appointments.
A-B Tech Classes: Summer & Fall 2018
The following classes will be offered SUMMER 2018:
- EDU 119-OM1 Intro to Early Childhood Education – ONLINE – May 29 – July 27, 2018
- EDU 144-OM1 Child Development I – ONLINE – May 29 – July 27, 2018
The following HYBRID classes will be offered FALL 2018:
EDU 119-LYN2 Intro to Early Childhood Educ. EDU 221-LYD2 Children w/ Exceptionalities
Meets Select Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 pm: Meets Select Tuesdays from 6:00 -8:00 pm:
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018
Sept 25, 2018 Sept 25, 2018
Sept 19, 2018 Sept 19, 2018
Oct 9, 2018 Oct 9, 2018
Oct 23 2018 Oct 23 2018
Nov 6, 2018 Nov 6, 2018
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018
Dec 4, 2018 Dec 4, 2018
EDU 153-LYN2 Health, Safety & Nutrition EDU 251-LYN2 Exploration Activities
Meets Select Mondays from 6:00-8:00 pm: Meets Select Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00 pm:
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 29, 2018
Sept 10, 2018 Sept 12, 2018
Sept 24, 2018 Sept 26, 2018
Oct 8, 2018 Oct 10, 2018
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 24, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Nov 7, 2018
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 21, 2018
Dec 3, 2018 Dec 5, 2018
The following ONLINE classes will be offered FALL 2018:
- EDU 119-LO3 Intro to Early Childhood Educ
- EDU 145-LO2 Child Development II
- EDU 151-LO2 Creative Activities
- EDU 248-LO2 Developmental Delays
- EDU 280-LO2 Lang/Literacy Experiences
- EDU 271-LO2 Educational Technology
The following MINI-mester classes will be offered FALL 2018:
EDU 119-OM4 Intro to Early Childhood Education October 17 – December 15, 2018
EDU 144-OM3 Child Development I August 20 – October 15, 2018
EDU 146-OM4 Child Guidance October 17 – December 15, 2018
Mandatory Fall 2018 Early Childhood Orientation
August 21, 2018 - 6:30-8:00 pm
Orientation is optional for students who have completed 12 semester hours of EDU courses with a C or better.
Registration for Summer (current & new students) Now!
Registration for Fall for CURRENT students Now!
Registration for Fall for NEW students begins July 9, 2018
NEW students MUST complete the following prior to advising:
- Application to enroll as a curriculum student: http://www.abtech.edu/apply
- Placement Testing: http://www.abtech.edu/placement
- Unless you are ONLY enrolling in EDU 119
- Unless you have taken COLLEGE level English at another college/university
- You must bring a copy of your transcript to your advising appointment
- New Student Orientation: http://www.abtech.edu/nso
- Orientation is offered ONLINE
- All new students enrolled in ANY course MUST take New Student Orientation
- SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator
- Included in New Student Orientation
- All new students enrolled in ANY course MUST take SmarterMeasure
- TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY! It is what determines your eligibility for online classes!
- Moodle Online Orientation
Stay Current with the Early Childhood Department:
- Text @abtechece to 81010 to receive program updates & reminders right to your device
Contact Jennifer Bosworth