Early Childhood Education
Welcome to the Early Childhood Department.
The Early Childhood Education programs are considered open enrollment. Students may enter the degree or certificate tracks at any given time. Students who wish to enroll in the degree or certificate programs must process through the new student process. Once complete students will be able to declare their major as Early Childhood Education AAS (degree), Early Childhood Education Certificate or the Special Education Certificate. Students will then also be assigned to an advisor in the Early Childhood Education Department.
If you are interested in taking EDU 119 - Introduction to Early Childhood Education course often referred to as the Early Childhood Credentials course please apply to the college if you are not already a student and complete New Student Orientation. Please contact the Early Childhood Education Department to register. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE. (This link hosts a file in Dropbox that will provide you step by step instructions).
*Please note, you do not have to have Dropbox in order to view this file. If you are prompted to sign up or log in, click the X in the top right corner.
Fall 2016 Advising is in progress!
If you are in need of advising please contact Teri Brannum by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the advising process.
If you are NEW to A-B Tech then WELCOME! Be sure that you complete all the required admission processes that are a part of becoming a student. Once that is complete you can declare your program of study in the Bailey building with Student Services.
2016 Fall Semester Course Offerings
The following ONLINE 14-16 week classes will be offered FALL 2016:
EDU 119-LO1 Intro to Early Childhood Education
EDU 131-O1 Child, Family & Community
EDU 144-O1 Child Development I
EDU 271-O1 Educational Technology
EDU 280-O1 Lang. & Literacy Experiences
The following MINIMESTER 8 week classes will be offered FALL 2016:
EDU 145-OM1 Child Development II
EDU 144-OM2 Child Development I
EDU 119-OM2 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
The following HYBRID classes will be offered:
EDU 119-LYN1 Intro to Early Childhood Educ. Meets select Tuesdays 6:00-7:30 pm
- This course will meet on the following Tuesday evenings: 8/30, 9/6, 9/20, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, & 11/29
EDU 146-YZD1 Child Guidance Meets select Mondays 2:30-4:00 pm
- This course will meet on the following Mondays: 8/15, 8/29, 9/12, 10/3, 10/24, 11/7, & 11/21
EDU 151-LYD1 Creative Activities Meets select Wednesdays 3:00-4:30 pm
- This course will meet on the following Wednesdays: 8/31, 9/7, 9/21, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/16, & 11/30
EDU 221-LYD1 Children w/ Exceptionalities Meets select Thursdays 12:00-1:30 pm
- This course will meet on the following Thursdays: 9/1, 9/15, 10/13, 10/27, 11/10, & 11/17
EDU 251-YN1 Exploration Activities Meets select Thursdays 5:30-7:00 pm
- This course will meet on the following Thursday evenings: 8/18, 9/1, 9/15, 10/13, 10/27, 11/10, & 11/17
Contact Jennifer Bosworth
Links to Helpful Websites
- NC Division of Child Development
- NC Rated License Assessment Project
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NC Association for the Education of Young Children
- TEACH Scholarship
- Partners in Out-of-School Time
- North Carolina Institute for Child Development Professionals (Early Educator Certification)