Equipment and Auxiliary Aids
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College has the following equipment available for use by students with disabilities. Much of this equipment has been provided through funding from the Carl Perkins Vocational Education Act.
- Computers, located in Developmental Studies, Learning Resources Center and Student Services*
- Franklin spellers in Developmental Studies and Student Services*
- Assistive listening devices*
- Handi-Cassette tape recorders*
- Overhead projectors in Developmental Studies and the Learning Resource Center
- Tape duplicating machine in the Learning Resource Center
- ZoomText magnification software*
- Lulsa lens (lighted, magnification system)*
- Dragon Dictate - voice recognition computer software*
- Kurzweil reading machine*
- JAWS Screen Reading Program - campus-wide
- Miscellaneous other equipment
The items marked with an asterisk (*) are available for loan in the Disability Services Office.