Culinary Arts Overview
The mission of A-B Tech’s Culinary Arts program is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and skills essential in entry-level positions meeting the professional standards and growing demands of the culinary industry.
A-B Tech Culinary Arts program is accredited by the
A-B Tech Culinary Arts in the News
- A-B Tech Student Culinary Team 2nd in the Nation July 2013!
- A-B Tech Culinary Arts graduate named 2012 Best Young Chef in the World.
- National Champions American Culinary Federation Student Culinary Competition 2007.
Culinary Arts students learn by doing. Students participate in practical education experiences that translate classroom learning to real life. Opportunities include:
- 5 state-of-the-art kitchens and equipment
- cooperative education positions with industry-respected leaders
- on-campus restaurant with a banquet room and five dining rooms
- chef demonstrations in elevated demo kitchen/hall
Culinary Competition Awards
Our Culinary Arts students have won numerous state, regional and national Culinary Competitions.
Numerous graduates have held important culinary leadership positions throughout the country.
- Vice President Culinary and Corporate Chef of Ritz Carlton Hotels
- Cook at Alinea Restaurant in Chicago (Voted 2011 6th Best Restaurant in the World by London’s Restaurant Magazine)
- Owner/Partner Outback Restaurant
- Pastry Chef French Laundry
- Executive Chef Kendall Jackson Wineries
- Associate Editor, The Rosengarten Report
The Culinary Arts and Hospitality students offer dining experiences on most Thursdays in the fall and spring semesters. These lunches and dinners are staged by the students to gain real world experience while still in school. Meals are held in the Magnolia Building and Fernihurst Building dining rooms on the A-B Tech campus.
If you would like to be on the email list to receive our schedule and menus, please join our Google group. If you have trouble signing up on the Google site, contact Carla Coombs at email@example.com.