Faculty Resources & Procedures
Testing Center services are available to all A-B Tech Faculty for:
- Make-Up Tests
- Tests for students with special needs accommodations
- Any exam for courses taught FULLY ONLINE - typically "O" sections (this does NOT apply to hybrid courses)
Faculty should follow these simple guidelines to ensure a seamless testing experience and test integrity:
- Tests should be hand-delivered to the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance of the testing date
- Tests must include the Testing Instructions Cover Sheet
- The Cover Sheet should be reviewed carefully and completed fully
- Changes to the Cover Sheet should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting (828) 398-7219
Please help students to remember the following when they come to test:
- Tests are filed by instructor last name – please make sure your students have this information
- Students are required to show a Photo ID in order to test – please remind them of this requirement
- NEW! – An online appointment system is available for all testers and appointments are strongly encouraged. See below for details!
- Tests are reconciled each Saturday and hand delivered to instructors' campus mailboxes on Monday.
- Tests completed on Saturdays will be reconciled the following Friday
- Instructors are welcome top pick up tests any time during regular business hours. Please bring a photo ID with you.
Online Test Scheduling for Students
Students are encouraged to schedule their test sessions to ensure a seat is reserved for them. Walk-ins will be accommodated when seats are available, but appointments are strongly recommended. When students schedule appointments, they receive a confirmation email plus a reminder one day before their appointments. Students who miss their exams receive a follow-up email to encourage rescheduling. Please feel free to share the following link with your students for scheduling tests: www.abtech.edu/testing-center