To get into the Career and College Promise transfer program ...
To be eligible for enrollment in a Career and College Promise transfer pathway, a high school student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 in high school courses
- Demonstrate college readiness on an assessment or placement test in English, reading and mathematics. A student must meet or exceed benchmark scores on one of a number of assessment or placement tests (See the chart below). Scores from different test may be mixed meet the benchmark in each of the three areas. Students who don't have test scores with these benchmarks may take the Accuplacer test offered at A-B Tech to also see if they qualify. Scheduling of the accuplacer is done through the college website under Future Students - Placement Test.
To remain in the Career and College Promise transfer program ...
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment in a Career and College Promise transfer pathway, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses
Other important rules ...
- A student can only enroll in one College Transfer Pathway at a time and may not substitute courses not found in the pathway.
- Between semesters, a student may change his/her program of study major with approval of the high school principal or designee and the college’s chief student development administrator.
- Courses do not have to be taken in order listed on the pathway curriculum lists.
- Students are under no obligation to complete an entire program of study.
Speak with your school counselor if you are unsure if you qualify for a transfer program, or to register for college classes that will fit into your schedule.