Computer and Online Training
On-Site Computer Training
We offer a variety of computer courses to help individuals build skills with specific devices and software. Though our course offerings change as technology changes, some of our most popular classes include Basic Computer Introduction, Computer Skills - Office 2016, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Apple iPhone/iPad, and AutoCAD. If you have a suggestion for a class, please let us know. We are always looking for ways to improve and better serve our community. Learn more about all the classes offered in our Computer Class Schedule.
If you're looking for training not currently offered on-site, we have over 200 courses available online. A-B Tech has partnered with Ed2Go to offer online skill enriching classes for your convenience. These high quality instructor led courses begin monthly and can be accessed from the comfort of your home or office. Choose from titles such as What's New in Office 2013, Accounting Fundamentals I and II, Creating WordPress Websites, Explore a Career in Medical Coding or even Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep. A wide variety of options are available, inlcuding the following categories of courses:
- Computers& Technology
- Education & Teacher Training
- Grant Writing and Non-Profit
Browse our full course catalog on our Ed2Go site.
How to Enroll
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS! PLEASE NOTE: Once you complete the online enrollment process you will receive an email called "Getting Started with Your Online Course", which contains payment information and instructions for completing your registration; this information is also posted below. Payment for Online Classes is due the day before your section begins.
- Check out the online course catalog
- View classes by category to find the one that fits your needs. See demo, syllabus, instructor bio, and more!
- When you've found a class, click on “Enroll Now.” You will be able to choose a date to begin. Follow the steps to create your online classroom account. Be sure to save your log in information in a safe place, and complete your orientation!
- Once you have enrolled online, you will have the option to pay online, by mail, or in person:
- In person: bring your printed registration form to Ferguson Center for Allied Health and Workforce Development Building (AHWD) (at A-B Tech Asheville)
- By mail:
Ferguson Center for Allied Health and Workforce Development Building (AHWD)
340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801
- Go to the link on your completion page for our online payment site, If this is the first time you are using the online payment option, click on the link to the left of the page called “Continuing Education Web Form.” Once you fill this out, you will receive a username and password in your email within 2 business days. Online payments MUST be made one day prior to the beginning date of the course! Which means if you're a first time user, you will need to fill out the web form the week before your class begins in order to make your online payment on time.
- Log in to WebAdvisor, enter your course code, and finalize payment.
TIP: Remember there are two steps to getting into your online class: online enrollment, and registration!
For more information about online classes:
Community Enrichment Programs
|Contact Rachael Clark
828-398-7933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Jo Stahle