Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Process
Process For Applying For Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Short Term Training Funding
Must be over 18 yrs old and a Buncombe County Resident
- Prepare for taking the North Carolina Career Readiness (NCCRC) assessments by registering for the Career Ready 101 at Job Club in the Hemlock Bldg room 321, T/TH 8:30–12:30.
- Take the North Carolina Career Readiness Certification (NCCRC) WorkKeys assessments. There is a $25 charge for this test that funding is unable to cover.
- Take either “Maximizing Interviewing Skills” class or complete Job Search Strategies, Writing a Resume, Applying for a Job, & Interviewing Strategies under Job Search in Career Ready 101.
- Take one of the free Computer Courses offered in the Continuing Education Department of A-B Tech located in the Hemlock Bldg. or test out with Computer Skills Assessment at Goodwill
- AFTER you complete the above and BEFORE you call Marie Eller, WIOA Counselor, to set up an appointment, you must have:
- Scores from your North Carolina Career Readiness Certificate.
- Certificates of completion from one of the Continuing Education courses (Pathways to Employment or Maximizing Interviewing Skills) and the computer course/test out.
- Current government issued Photo ID
- Verification of current address (i.e. utility bill)
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Income verification (pay stubs, bank statement, etc)
- Food Stamp and/or Work First verification if applicable
- All male applicants born after 1960, unless exempt by law, must be registered with Selective Service within the allowable time. This can be verified during appointment.
- Verification of lay-off, if appropriate (lay-off letter, unemployment benefit letter, etc.)
- Call Marie Eller at 398-7833 to make an appointment.