Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Process
Process For Applying For Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
Short Term Training Funding
Must be over 18 yrs old and a Buncombe County Resident
- Prepare for taking the North Carolina Career Readiness (NCCRC) assessments by registering for the Career Ready 101 at Job Club in the Eddington Center M-F 9:00–1:00.
- Take either “Maximizing Interviewing Skills” class or complete Job Search Strategies, Writing a Resume, Applying for a Job, & Interviewing Strategies under Job Search in Career Ready 101.
- AFTER you complete the above and BEFORE you call Marie Eller, WIOA Counselor, to set up an appointment, you must have:
- Current government issued Photo ID
- Verification of current address (i.e. utility bill)
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Income verification (pay stubs, bank statement, etc)
- Food Stamp and/or Work First verification if applicable
- All male applicants born after 1960, unless exempt by law, must be registered with Selective Service within the allowable time. This can be verified during appointment.
- Verification of lay-off, if appropriate (lay-off letter, unemployment benefit letter, etc)
398-7833 to make an appointment.