The Hospitality Management Program utilizes industry and local hospitality standards and practices to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills necessary for successful employment in entry-level hospitality management positions.
- Areas of study include--
- Front Office Management
- Food and Beverage Control
- Human Resource Management
- Event Planning
- Food Preparation and Service.
- An internship program is also provided to enable the student to acquire experience under the direction of a qualified manager and college supervisor.
- In addition to the degree program, students have an opportunity to earn certification in individual subjects from the National Restaurant Association and the American Hotel & Motel Association.
All Hospitality Management majors receive practical experience to prepare them for their future career.
- In the Magnolia and Fernihurst Buildings kitchens and dining rooms, students practice the preparation of foods and a variety of service styles, providing delicious meals for guests from both the campus and the community.
- An on-campus lodge, The Mountain Tech Lodge, operated and maintained by the students, provides practical experience under the direction of the college faculty.
Hospitality Management is part of the Department of Culinary Arts and Hospitality at A-B Tech.