WNC Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses
Western North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses program (WNC RIBN) will dually admit and enroll students at A-B Technical Community College and Western Carolina University, to provide students with a seamless associate to baccalaureate nursing education. Unlike in a traditional BSN program, students will have the opportunity to begin working as a registered nurse prior to the fourth year and pay mostly community college tuition rates.
WNC RIBN makes an associate and bachelor’s degree in nursing both affordable and accessible. Upon successful completion of the first three years and registered nurse (RN) licensure, students will then finish their fourth year of classes through Western Carolina University, at WCU's Biltmore Park location.
WNC RIBN has 4-year and 3-year options. See criteria below for more information.
2019 entry criteria for application to the 4-year and 3-year options: 2019 application criteria
Statewide RIBN website: http://www.ribn.org/
Video to learn more about RIBN: RIBN video
Upon completion of the Associate Degree Nursing Program and licensure, the graduate will:
1. demonstrate skills necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
2. demonstrate knowledge necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
3. demonstrate cultural competency within Nursing.
4. utilize informatics and evidence based data to provide Nursing care to clients.
5. demonstrate behaviors necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
6. apply the principles of interdisciplinary team management.
The A-B Tech nursing program is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. The Western Carolina University School of Nursing is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Students interested in RIBN can meet with a Pre-Nursing Advisor in the Bailey Building or email email@example.com for more information.