Competitive and Limited Programs
NEW FALL 2015 - Cardiovascular Sonography Diploma (Pending State Approval)
A-B Tech will begin accepting applications May 1, 2015, for the new Cardiovascular Sonography program which begins FALL 2015. Applications will be taken in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center on the Victoria Rd. campus.
Competitive Allied Health
These programs have a competitive selection process. The 2015 Competitive Allied Health Application Period has ended. The next opportunity to apply to one of the competitive allied health programs will be Spring 2016.
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate Degree Nursing Advanced Placement Option
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Sonography
- Veterinary Medical Technology
Beginning April 28th, A-B Tech will be accepting applications for the Surgical Technology and Medical Laboratory Technology ALTERNATE lists. All program requirements must be met to be eligible to apply. Please review program criteria below.
- Surgical Tech 2015 Alternate Criteria
- Surgical Tech 2015 Info Session Form Alternate
- Med Lab 2015 Alternate Criteria
- 2015 Fall Alternate Allied Health Admission Overview Video
Coming Spring 2016: Associate Degree Nursing Spring-Start program. Details will be available Summer 2015.
Western North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (WNC RIBN)
WNC RIBN is a collaborative program that is offered by A-B Tech and Western Carolina University. For information on WNC RIBN,
The programs listed below have limited capacity due to clinical site, resource, and/or lab space availability. Students are accepted into these programs on a first-come, first-served basis once minimum program eligibility requirements are met.
Applicants must enroll to A-B Tech before applying to a Limited Program. Applicants must also complete the college placement and New Student Orientation/SmarterMeasure prior to meeting with an advisor in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center. Please contact A-B Tech's Information Center at 828-398-7900 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
Allied Health Programs (Accepting new applicants until programs are full)
- Central Sterile Processing
- Medical Assisting (day option)
- Pharm Tech (day or evening classes)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Phlebotomy - New 2015 Admission Process: Students interested in applying for Phlebotomy for 2015 must review the required Phlebotomy information video.
Business Hospitality Education (Accepting new applicants until programs are full)
- Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation Criteria
- Medical Coding (day and evening options)
Emergency Medical Sciences (Accepting new applicants until program is full)
- Emergency Medical Science
Additional Program Information
To learn more about these programs, degrees, and other career choices, click the following links: