In Career Planning we focus on courses designed to help the unemployed and underemployed adult successfully enter the workforce with additional education and employability skills. These classes meet you where you are in life and take you where you want to be - confident, informed and successful. Classes range from Job Search strategies, Computer Basics to Hospitality Skills.
In order to serve you better, we are proud to announce a comprehensive career training course, Career Ready 101.
This free to the public on-line skills building tool, which means you can do this from home, is offered through a collaboration with the Mountain Area Workforce Development Board.
Career Ready 101 is a new course that helps design itself based on your resources! It is an integrated approach to exploring careers and their skill requirements, building workplace skills using KeyTrain®, and creating life-literacy with such skills as financial awareness and job searching. Of course the program leads users to certification with WorkKeys® assessments and the NCRC. It's a powerful way to build self-esteem, provide real credentials, and simply set students up for success.
With the Career Ready 101 Program there is a more efficient and comprehensive experience for the student.
- Foundational skills using the WorkKeys® system
- Vital life-skills such as financial literacy, career exploration, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Soft skills such as customer service and work habits
Those individuals enrolling in Human Resource Development (HRD) courses may be granted a waiver of registration fees if they meet one of the four criteria:
1. Are unemployed
2. Have received notification of pending layoff
3. Are working and are eligible for federal earned income tax credit
4. Are working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines
Check out our class schedule to get started.