The student will learn in-demand fundraising and grant related skills by working with the A-B Tech Foundation (Department of College Advancement). The Foundation raises money for scholarships, student emergency funds, and other special projects.
- Creating an organized matrix of grant information, including: 1) Deadlines 2) Grant requirements 3) Amount of funding offered 4) Contact info (if provided)
- Contacting grant providers for additional information
- Completing basic data entry
- Greet guests of the Foundation
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned
- Student may occasionally be required to attend off-campus fundraising events
-Weekly attendance at MMC (Mondays, 2:00 - 6:00 pm)
-Email communication and coordination with MMC volunteers, aka Math Champions
-Facilitating 1 Math Champion training per month, in partnership with MMC team
-MMC Facebook page management
-MMC Google Drive management
-Support the deepening of existing community partnerships and fostering of new relationships
On Campus – Simpson Building
Student must have excellent customer service skills. Great reading/writing/communication skills, and must follow written/oral directions well. Student must have a basic familiarity with office equipment including computers, printers, scanners, etc. Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality agreements. Student must demonstrate ability to work will either independently, or with others.
Basic excel or data management skills. Nonprofit experience. A desire to make a difference in the world.
Coryn Harris, Director, Resource Development College Advancement