Transitional Studies' mission is to inspire and support our students to engage in ongoing academic, personal, and career development.
We do this by assisting adults to:
- Develop basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for successful employment and self-sufficiency
- Gain the educational skills necessary to become full partners in the educational development of their children
- Attain a high school equivalency credential (HiSET® or GED®)
- Prepare for successful entry into post-secondary education (college or other training)
- Develop the English language skills needed for full participation in the work and social aspects of our community
- Explore and access resources in support of obtaining US citizenship
A-B Tech Community College offers the following Transitional Studies programs:
This program offers a variety of classes covering math, language, reading, social studies, science, technology, and contextualized vocational development. Classes are offered in both lab and directed instruction formats at times including day-time, evening, and online on the Asheville and Madison campuses and at site locations in the community.
Additional program offerings include:
- Green Opportunities
- Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IEL CE)
- JumpStart Pathways
- Project SEARCH
Please call Transitional Studies at 828-398-7433 for information on orientation/ registration dates and sign-up.