ABE/HSE Specialist Assistant
• Basic daily filing, merging and purging student files, and on-going filing projects of a larger nature.
• Make copies of forms, handouts, fliers, etc.
• Copy, laminate, and cut classroom materials.
• Label new instructional materials.
• Distribute materials to staff and instructor mailboxes.
• Use Excel spreadsheet data to check student hours for post-testing.
• Sharpen pencils, gather and organize materials for TABE post-testing.
• Organize storage areas.
• Occasionally answer telephone, taking messages and/or transferring calls to other extensions.
• Occasionally call students to remind them of orientation sessions, to update records, to encourage them to return to class after extended absences, or to inform/remind students about graduation.
• Clear English communication skills in person and on the phone
• Ability to alphabetize with accuracy
• Basic familiarity with office equipment – telephone, copy machine, scanner, printer, paper cutter, 3-hole punch, etc.
• Previous office or administrative experience
• Familiarity with and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
Hemlock Building – Supervisor’s Office is 304, but all work will be performed in the Hemlock Building
Mary C. (M. C.) Edmunds
Basic Skills Specialist
Department of Transitional Studies