The Board of Trustees prohibits the use or possession of any weapons on A-B Tech property or at any College sponsored activities or events except handguns as allowed by NC GS §14-269.4. Handguns are permitted under these circumstances:
- The person has a concealed handgun permit that is lawfully issued
- The handgun is in a closed compartment or container within the person’s locked vehicle
- The handgun is in a locked container securely affixed to the person’s vehicle.
- A person may unlock the vehicle to enter or exit the vehicle provided the handgun remains in the closed compartment at all times
- The vehicle is locked immediately following the entrance or exit.
The above criteria do not apply to persons and/or situations outlined in GS §14-269, such as sworn law enforcement officers.
Any person found to be in violation of this policy shall be disciplined at the discretion of the A-B Tech administration. Additionally, any person found to be in possession of any weapon will be charged under State law with a misdemeanor or a felony, as stipulated by GS §14-269.2(b) and §14-269.2(c). Upon conviction, a person will be adjudicated at the discretion of the court.