Economic & Workforce Development provides customized training and services that directly support local business and industry. Businesses of all sizes and types are served, offering workforce training solutions to strengthen the skill sets of employees and build opportunities for advancement, and increase productivity and profitability for companies. The College partners with local, regional, and state agencies to develop our local workforce and to implement flexible workforce training solutions.
Customized training is a specialized program that is designed to react quickly to the needs of businesses and to respect the confidential nature of proprietary processes and information within those businesses. Regardless of the technology or the challenges, A-B Tech has the ability to create training that fits the need. Our programs are designed to align with the needs and schedules of our clients. We can bring the training to your site, and can be flexible to accommodate shifts and productions schedules.
Customized training opportunities can include:
- Pre-employment activities (recruitment, customized job fairs, job profiling, skills assessment)
- Job-specific and advanced manufacturing processes (such as robotics, industrial maintenance, machining, electrical componentry)
- Business support, computer applications
- Continuous improvement, Lean/Six Sigma
- Leadership, supervisory skills, human resource and talent development
- Safety, OSHA general industry and regulatory subjects
Advanced Manufacturing provides education and training for individuals to prepare for new or different employment in advanced manufacturing, machining, blueprint reading, industrial maintenance, composites, forklift safety, supply chain basics, Six Sigma, logistics, OSHA training, craft beverage industry, production/ inventory control and APICS certification. Many programs lead to local, state or national certifications.