Ignite Inspiration and Innovation (I3) S-STEM Scholarships
I3 S-STEM Scholarship
The I3 S-STEM Scholarship is awarded each semester to academically talented students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Selected students are eligible to receive a $4,000 scholarship per semester for a maximum of four (4) semesters. (Total potential scholarship award of $16,000.) An experienced mentoring team works closely with students to help prepare them to earn an associate’s degree and enter the workplace or transfer to a senior level institution to work toward a bachelor’s degree. In addition to a generous scholarship, students will benefit from many specialized resources, services, and activities designed just for them.
- Full-time enrollment in a degree program at A-B Tech leading to an associate degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Associate of Science (A.S) in Science or Mathematics
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S) in Engineering Technology
- Associate in Engineering (A.E.)
- Citizen of the United States, nationals of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), alien admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;
- Demonstrated financial need with unmet need (Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are unsure of your eligibility. This criteria is defined for undergraduate students by the US Dept of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as the Cost of Attendance (COA) for an institution minus the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) for the student);
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in A-B Tech coursework;
- High School applicants must have successfully completed high school algebra II/higher or equivalent of Math III/higher; and a high school biology, chemistry, physics, or pre-engineering course. (If a high school applicant has been in college previously, a combination of high school and college course performance will be evaluated.)
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a current student, or be an incoming student who has completed the A-B Tech admissions process;
- Have declared a major and be enrolled in a curriculum program;
- Have an A-B Tech student ID#
- Have completed the FAFSA and be eligible to receive financial aid with unmet need
In order to remain in good standing with the program, students must:
- Maintain a 3.2 cumulative GPA (or higher) in A-B Tech coursework;
- Maintain regular contact with advisor/mentor;
- Participate in A-B Tech sponsored student support and engagement activities like STEM-related activities, tutoring, internships, seminars, research, and college/industry visits.
Apply for the I3 S-STEM Scholarship!
For more information about the I3 Scholars Program, visit Prospective I3 Scholars.
To find contact info for the I3 S-STEM Scholarship Program, visit I3 S-STEM Scholars Program Contact.