- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Test Proctoring Services
The Testing Center will be closing at 1pm on Wednesday, November 26th for the Thanksgiving Break. We will reopen at 8:30am on Monday, December 1st.
Please note: Due to Professional Developement the Testing Center will not open until 9 AM on the following dates: Friday, November 21, 2014 and Friday, December 12, 2014.
Testing Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM to 8 PM, Friday 8:30 AM - 5 PM and Saturdays 9 AM to 12 PM. Doors close at 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
Procedures for proctoring requests from non-A-B Tech institutions:
- All requests for testing support must be made by completing our online form. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE before submitting your testing request.
- Institutions and instructors must complete the online form.
- A-B Tech Testing Center staff will administer tests:
- online with a secure user name and password provided by the home institution;
- sent as printed tests via the U.S. Postal Service or via a common carrier (e.g.,UPS or FedEx); or,
- sent to A-B Tech via an e-mail attachment from an official college e-mail account.
- Due to security concerns, A-B Tech Testing Center will not send or receive tests via fax.
- The institution requesting testing support is responsible for providing all tests and testing-related materials. This includes any special instruments, blue books, tables, graphs, texts, etc., as well as a return, pre-addressed, postage-paid mailer (or prepaid common carrier return packaging).
- All correspondence and tests must contain the student’s name, course information, instructor name, institution name, and a contact phone number.
On the day of the test:
- pay the required fee ($25) at the Business/Cashier's Office in the Roberson Building at 93 Victoria Road, or CLICK HERE to pay online.
- present the reciept to the Testing Center.
- arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests begin not later than one hour before the closing time.
Testing Center staff will:
- check picture identification (e.g., valid driver’s license), and then retrieve the proper testing materials. The student’s personal belongings will be kept in a secure location outside the testing room.
- direct the student to a specified seating area (where staff may observe the tester.)
- provide the student with testing instructions in accordance with the specific instructions accompanying the testing materials.
- enforce indicated time limits.
- ensure that students do not use any materials/resources not allowed by the requesting institution.
- Collect all scratch paper and other test materials.