- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Test Proctoring Services
Important note: The Testing Lab will be moving to the Simpson Building during June of 2013. Be on the lookout for announcements, and please call us at 828-398-7228 if you have questions about testing.
The Testing Lab is located in Ferguson 114B on the A-B Tech Victoria Road campus. Click here for ALC lab hours and dates of interest.
Policies for proctoring requests from non-A-B Tech institutions:
- All requests for testing support must be made by completing our online form at http://www.abtech.edu/proctor/student. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION ON THIS FORM before submitting your testing request.
- Institutions and Instructors must complete the form located at http://www.abtech.edu/proctor/institution
- A-B Tech Testing Lab staff will administer tests:
- online with a secure user name and password provided by the home institution;
- sent as printed tests via the Postal Service or via a common carrier (e.g.,UPS or FedEx); or,
- sent to A-B Tech via an e-mail attachment.
- Due to security concerns, AB-Tech proctors will not send or receive tests via fax.
- The institution requesting testing support is responsible for providing all tests and testing-related materials. This includes any special instruments, blue books, tables, graphs, texts, etc., as well as a return, pre-addressed, postage-paid mailer (or prepaid common carrier return packaging).
- All correspondence and tests must contain the student’s name, course, instructor name, institution name, and a contact phone number.
- Testing will be proctored only when classes are in session. (Not on holidays, between semesters or when classes are canceled due to inclement weather or student activities. The Testing Lab is not open for testing on the last day of the semester. Please consult the campus calendar for more information.)
On the day of the test:
- The student will pay the required fee ($25) at the business office in Bailey and have the receipt in hand before coming to the testing lab in Ferguson 114. (More information is provided on the submission form page.)
- The student will arrive at the Testing Lab with adequate time to complete the test prior to the lab’s closing. No one will be allowed to begin testing if he/she arrives less than one hour prior to closing or with inadequate time as indicated by the test instructions.
- A Testing Lab staff member will check picture identification (e.g., valid driver’s license), and then retrieve the proper testing materials from secure storage. The student’s personal belongings will be kept in a location outside the testing lab.
- The staff member will direct the student to a specified seating area (where testing lab staff may observe the individual’s progress while taking the test). Generally tests are given in the Testing Lab, a self-contained room with a large glass window for monitoring.
- The staff member will provide the student with testing instructions in accordance with the specific instructions accompanying the testing materials.
- Indicated time limits will be enforced.
- Testing Lab staff will ensure that students do not use any materials/resources not allowed by the requesting institution.
- Papers may not be removed from the center. Only scratch paper provided by the Testing Center may be used. All scratch paper and other test materials must be returned to the proctor’s desk before students leave the center.
For ABTech students who wish to take a test for an ABTech class at another testing facility (off campus):
AB Tech has specific guidelines and forms for students testing at another location besides ABTech. See the forms and policies on the Forms for Instructors page.