- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Test Proctoring Services
Please note the Testing Center will be closed Saturday, December 21st through Sunday, January 5th. We will resume normal operating hours on Monday, January 6, 2014.
The Testing Center is located in the lobby of the Simpson Building on the Victoria Road campus.
Testing Hours: Monday - Thrursday 8:30 AM to 8 PM, Friday 8:30 AM - 5 PM and Saturdays 9 AM to 12 PM
Procedures for proctoring requests from non-A-B Tech institutions:
- All requests for testing support must be made by completing our online form. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE before submitting your testing request.
- Institutions and instructors must complete the online form.
- A-B Tech Testing Center staff will administer tests:
- online with a secure user name and password provided by the home institution;
- sent as printed tests via the U.S. Postal Service or via a common carrier (e.g.,UPS or FedEx); or,
- sent to A-B Tech via an e-mail attachment from an official college e-mail account.
- Due to security concerns, A-B Tech Testing Center will not send or receive tests via fax.
- The institution requesting testing support is responsible for providing all tests and testing-related materials. This includes any special instruments, blue books, tables, graphs, texts, etc., as well as a return, pre-addressed, postage-paid mailer (or prepaid common carrier return packaging).
- All correspondence and tests must contain the student’s name, course information, instructor name, institution name, and a contact phone number.
On the day of the test:
- pay the required fee ($25) at the Business/Cashier's Office at 93 Victoria Road. Students will be given a receipt before testing.
- present the reciept to the Testing Center.
- arrive at the Testing Center at least 15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Tests begin not later than one hour before the closing time.
Testing Center staff will:
- check picture identification (e.g., valid driver’s license), and then retrieve the proper testing materials. The student’s personal belongings will be kept in a secure location outside the testing room.
- direct the student to a specified seating area (where staff may observe the tester.)
- provide the student with testing instructions in accordance with the specific instructions accompanying the testing materials.
- enforce indicated time limits.
- ensure that students do not use any materials/resources not allowed by the requesting institution.
- Collect all scratch paper and other test materials.