- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Honors Program at A-B Tech begins Fall 2012
March 28, 2012
The Honors Program is an interdisciplinary learning communities approach to education that emphasizes interdependence between disciplines and encourages students to see their education as a comprehensive experience. It also includes a leadership course to be taken in one of the summer semesters.
The Honors Program includes linked general education courses to provide a holistic approach to general education, thus making general education a program rather than a checklist of classes.
Courses that make up the Honors Program are:
- IDS I: World Civilizations I (HIS 111) and Expository Writing (ENG 111)
- IDS 2: Social Diversity (SOC 225) and Literature-Based Research (ENG 113)
- IDS 3: Survey of Chemistry (CHM 135) and Public Speaking (COM 231)
- IDS 4: World Civilizations II (HIS 112) and Human Values and Meaning (HUM 220)
- Summer IDS – Leadership (HUM 230) –
Students are eligible for the program if they have one or more of these credentials:
- Score of 100 or more on Accuplacer English/Reader
- SAT score of 1100 or better
- ACT score of 23 or better
- GPA of 3.5 or better after 12 credits (not including developmental studies)
Students must maintain a GPA of 3.25 or higher while in the program.