- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Competitive and Limited Programs
2015 Allied Health Admissions Guide will be available August 2014. Please check back at that time.
Competitive Allied Health Programs:
These programs have a competitive selection process. The application period for Fall 2015 will begin in February 2015. Click on a prgoram below to view the specific admission criteria and timeframe for that program.
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate Degree Nursing Advanced Placement Option
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technology
WNC RIBN is a collaborative program that is offered by A-B Tech and Western Carolina University. For information on WNC RIBN, contact the program advisor Carol Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 398-7534.
Modified Competitive Allied Health Programs:
- Medical Laboratory Technology - Criteria will be available August 2014
- Veterinary Medical Technology - Criteria will be available August 2014
These programs have a modified competitive selection process. These programs will start in Fall 2015. The application period will begin in February 2015.
These programs have limited capacity due to clinical site, resource, and/or lab space availability. Students are accepted into these programs on a first come, first served basis once minimum program eligibility requirements are met.
Allied Health Programs:
- Central Sterile Processing (new program)
- Medical Assisting (new evening classes)
- Medical Coding
- Pharm Tech (new evening classes)
Business Hospitality Education:
- Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation
- Therapeutic Massage
Emergency Medical Sciences:
- Emergency Medical Science